Kelowna is the place to be for New Years Eve! With plenty of events that cater to all ages and tastes, you're guaranteed to have a blast ringing in the new year.
One of the most popular family-friendly events will be happening in the heart of downtown Kelowna.
- The annual New Years celebration in Stuart Park will once again feature live musical performances for everyone in the family. For a full schedule of New York New Years Family Celebration, check out the Festivals Kelowna website (more info).
Photo Courtesy of Festivals Kelowna. Live music and ice skating at Stuart Park
For the those who love to wine and dine, many local restaurants and establishments will also be hosting New Years Eve events.
- OAK + CRU will have two dinner seatings that include a three-course menu with cocktail and wine pairings. (more info)
- Travel back in time at FSH where you can party like it’s 1919 with your choice of a prime rib dinner buffet and a 1920’s prohibition-themed party with games. (more info)
- Central Kitchen + Bar has a two-part evening planned that starts with a four-course dinner and finishes with a masquerade dance party. (more info)
- Support your community and welcome 2017. Wine & Art Piano Bar has a dinner and celebration on New Years Eve in support of the Central Okanagan Hospice Association. (more info)
- Wine enthusiasts may be interested in ending the year in West Kelowna at the beautiful and award-winning Quails’ Gate Winery with their special multi-course dinner and live music. (more info)
Photo Courtesy of Quails' Gate Winery, on the Westside Wine Trail
- Ricardo’s Mediterranean Kitchen in Lake Country is offering a four-course gourmet dinner with two seating times and live music all night. (more info)
- Beer and wine lovers will love pairing their favourite beverages with a 5-course meal at Salted Brick located in the heart of downtown Kelowna. (more info)
Photo Courtesy of David McIlvride
For visitors (and locals who don't want to worry about getting home after a night of partying), several of the hotels are offering New Years Eve celebration and accommodation combos.
- Hotel Eldorado has multiple packages available. Whether you are looking for the ultimate getaway that includes New Years Day brunch, or something simple, they have something for every taste and budget. (more info)
Photo Courtesy of Hotel Eldorado
- Caché Lounge in the Prestige Beach House also has an accommodation package that has you taking an elevator ride home after a champagne toast at midnight and dancing to live music all night long. (more info)
- Predator Ridge Resort is celebrating New Year’s Eve with a Gala and Party where guests will savour miniature meals throughout the evening. Accommodations options are available for this event. (more info)
Photo Courtesy of Predator Ridge
- Country music fans - listen up! This year Xchange Kelowna will be collaborating with OK Corral Cabaret to present Cocktails and Cowboy Boots - A Country Formal Dinner and Dance. This event includes a buffet dinner, dancing ,and prizes for the best dressed cowboy, cowgirl, and couple. (more info)
- If you've already got dinner plans, then here’s a party for after your meal! BNA Brewing is welcoming in the new year with a Prom Night theme starting at 8pm. Guests are encouraged to get dolled up and be ready to dance the night away. (more info)
With so many celebrations around town - Kelowna is the perfect place to welcome the new year with friends and family.
Have fun and all the best to you in 2017!
Wesla Wong & Duane English are meteorologists based in Kelowna. When not looking at weather charts, you will find the couple skiing, playing music or hiking with their dogs - enjoying everything that the Okanagan has to offer.